Today it is the World Environment Day, but for us, it’s the 365 days of the year!
The OCCGuarantee project takes care of the environment everyday and of the people that every day look after it.
How do we do it?
- More than 150 farmers and their families are just as much a part of our project as we are.
- Every grower owns the land he or she farms (on average, 1 hectare)
- Biodynamic growing practices: the farmers also grow other organic foodstuffs for sale or self-sufficiency.
- Non-transgenic seeds. 100% reliable: our growers separate the seeds themselves.
- Cotton in unginned bales; so the farmers keep all the seeds for replanting or for feeding the animals.
- We do not use irrigation systems either polluting machinery nor insecticides.
- We only use cotton in the natural colours of the Earth from 5.000 years ago.
Total control of the whole cycle: growing, spinning, weaving and manufacturing.
We do not use wet chemical processes on our products. Just a simple washing process.
A completely pure and biodegradable fabric.